Principal Office: USA
Kopernik is an online marketplace to enable communities in developing countries to have access to simple but innovative technologies.
Local partners request from a list of available technology products. Kopernik raises funds and manages the distribution of the products to the selected partners.
Grant Programs for Agriculture, Energy, Environment, Natural Resources
Support for appropriate technologies in development. Kopernik’s technology grants include several related to agriculture, energy and environment, and water and sanitation.
The online marketplace operates in the following way:
- Kopernik selects appropriate technology products to profile on its website;
- Local organizations send proposals to Kopernik to request these products and to become distribution partners;
- For approved projects, Kopernik orders the products;
- The products are shipped to the local partners;
- People buy the technology at a locally affordable price through the local partners.
The end users of the technologies are households, schools, communities, and other grass-roots initiatives.
About the program
Local organizations can learn about available technologies in Kopernik’s online technology catalogue. They can learn about lodging a proposal for the most locally appropriate products by contacting Kopernik.
Geographical Distribution of Grant Activities in Developing Countries
The Polish astronomer Copernicus (Kopernik in Polish language) helped people see the world in a different way. Similarly, the organization Kopernik of the 21st century states its mission as changing the way people see the world’s development challenges.
Projects already funded are organized by locations and technology categories.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is a summary of how the program works.
Last Profile Review