These are information sources that do not fit the other categories, but which can be important for specific segments of grant seekers.
APN is a network of over 20 member country governments that promote global change research in the Asia-Pacific region.
- APN News sometimes contains funding announcements (also events, programs, publications).
News, information resources, and training for nonprofit organizations in Canada and internationally. Mix of free and restricted information resources.
- Directories include Funders, some of which are relevant for the developing world.
Guide to EU external assistance, general and specific. Procedures and standard documents for grants and tenders funded by the European Commission. Annual work programmes (AWP) for grants by regions, countries, and themes.
- Database of calls for proposals.
A very active website focused on grant opportunities for NGOs in the developing world across sectors (health, education, humanitarian issues, environment, and all others). Short profiles of selected multilateral, bilateral, and foundation funders.
- Lists calls for applications (with deadlines).
Website of the USA’s national (federal) government on over 1,000 grant programs of 25 government departments and agencies.
- Search grants database by topic, agency, type of funding instrument, eligibility requirements, dates, and key words (e.g., “international”).
Grant-finding service that matches the searcher’s criteria with grants in the Instrumentl database. Instrumentl is for nonprofits and academic researchers working within the fields of environmental science and non-human biology.
- Scope is USA and international
- Mix of free and paid services
Development Assistance Committee (DAC) publishes aid guidelines, aid statistics, and current topics in development aid.
- Of special interest: Peer reviews of aid giving by OECD’s member (donor) governments.
International electronic journal of news, views, and information about science and technology in the developing world. Global coverage, with some content in multiple languages. Topics include agriculture and environment, and climate change and energy.
UKCDS is a collaboration of UK funders and other stakeholders with an interest in international development research. Thematic areas include climate change, agriculture, water resources, energy, environment, and others.
- Funding webpages announce new opportunities.
- Information services on European funding, with emphasis on the EU. Mix of free and paid information resources.