Agriculture, Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
Here we choose sources specific for agriculture, energy, environment, and natural resources. Some sources are cross-cutting.
Network to inform and build capacity of young agricultural researchers, with emphasis on agriculture in the developing world. News, announcements, events.
- YPARD posts funding news (in collaboration with the Terra Viva Grants Directory).
Network of African energy researchers and policy makers, representing about 20 African countries. Promoting clean and affordable energy.
- Publications, projects, information sharing.
- Opportunities include grants and fellowships.
The Renewable Energy Directory is a guide to internet sites on renewable energy, many categories. Profiles and links to more than 1,600 websites on energy.
- Search the Directory by categories and key words (e.g., funding, grants, etc.)
Energy4Impact promotes access to appropriate modern energy technologies. Announcements, events, publications, and online materials.
- Guidance about financing
Reegle is an international portal of information on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and climate change.
- Clean energy search can be used to explore funding possibilities (i.e., search for “grants” as a key word)
Environment and Natural Resources
Consortium of ornithological societies in the Western Hemisphere for public information about the scientific study of birds, and networking of its member organizations.
- Resources for Ornithologists → Grants, Awards, and Prizes in Ornithology
Grant-making partnership of four international conservation organizations to support the projects of young conservationists in the developing world.
- Advice and Support → Other Funding Options (grants, fellowships, funding directories)
Informal network of trusts, foundations, and individuals that make grants for environment and conservation in UK and internationally. Resources, news, and links on conservation funding.
- EFN grant makers include some that are active internationally.
- Links to funder networks and other resources.
Network of over 200 member foundations in North America and worldwide. Information sharing, promotion of environmental philanthropy. Mix of free and restricted information.
- Web page for Grant Seekers offers resources on where to search for funding.
GEF-CSO Network comprises several hundred non-governmental organizations worldwide whose work in environment and sustainable development aligns with the mandate of the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- Coordinates with the GEF Small Grants Program.
- Funding Opportunities for NGOs → funding opportunities for conservation NGOs
- Ornithology Exchange includes a searchable database of Grants and Awards in bird research and conservation, including several programs that are open for international projects.
Consortium of nongovernmental organizations that manage environmental funds for conservation in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Information and news on environmental funding
The TBA collaborates with institutions in Africa to build expertise in biodiversity conservation and research. Field courses, skills workshops, applied research.
- Resources → Funding database (grants, scholarships, training opportunities, and funding directories).