Agriculture, Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
Here we choose sources within the organizations and networks specific for agriculture, energy, environment, and natural resources. Some sources are cross-cutting.
- Opportunities include a database of donors that support research and projects on neglected and underutilized crop species, plus other topics in agriculture and natural resources for development.
- Network of researchers in social sciences, policy, and institutional development related to international agriculture and natural resources.
- News and announcements include grants and fellowships.
FARA brings together national and international partners to strengthen agricultural research and development in Africa.
The CTA is funded by the European Union to collaborate with the African, Caribbean, and Pacific countries (ACP countries) on issues of food security, rural development, and management of natural resources.
- Knowledge for Development includes fellowships, grants, and calls.
Network to inform and build capacity of young agricultural researchers, with emphasis on agriculture in the developing world. News, announcements, events.
- YPARD posts funding news (in collaboration with the Terra Viva Grants Directory).
Network of African energy researchers and policy makers, representing about 20 African countries. Promoting clean and affordable energy.
- Publications, projects, information sharing.
- Opportunities include grants and fellowships.
The Renewable Energy Directory is a guide to internet sites on renewable energy, many categories. Profiles and links to more than 1,600 websites on energy.
- Search key words (grants, funding) by topic, country, etc.
The Global Village Energy Partnership promotes access to appropriate modern energy technologies. Announcements, events, publications, and online materials.
- Resources contains a listing of publications, events, news, and announcements.
HEDON’s focus is improved household energy, with focus on the developing countries. Interest groups by topics and regions.
- News sometimes includes calls for proposals and other funding information.
Reegle is an international portal of information on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and climate change.
- The directory of stakeholders and actors can be used to explore funding possibilities.
Envrionment and Natural Resources
Consortium of ornithological societies in the Western Hemisphere for public information about the scientific study of birds, and networking of its member organizations.
- Resources for Ornithologists → Grants, Awards, and Prizes in Ornithology
Network of organizations and individuals focused on environmental funds for conservation, innovative conservation financing, and financial support for protected areas.
- News and discussion forums.
Grant-making partnership of four international conservation organizations to support the projects of young conservationists in the developing world.
- Advice and Support → Other Funding Options (grants, fellowships, funding directories)
- LifeWeb seeks to expand financial support for protected areas by matching expressions of interest from governments with funding provided by donors.
- Resources include postings of grant funding, drawing on information from the Terra Viva Grants Directory.
Online database of over 1,250 conservation projects in the Americas, with emphasis on Latin America. Program of Rainforest Alliance.
- Each project profile identifies its principal funder(s).
- Project Search allows searches by names of funding organizations.
Informal network of trusts, foundations, and individuals that make grants for environment and conservation in UK and internationally. Resources, news, and links on conservation funding.
- EFN grant makers include some that are active internationally.
- Links to funder networks and other resources.
Network of over 200 member foundations in North America and worldwide. Information sharing, promotion of environmental philanthropy. Mix of free and restricted information.
- Web page for Grant Seekers offers resources on where to search for funding.
GEF-NGO Network comprises several hundred non-governmental organizations worldwide whose work in environment and sustainable development aligns with the mandate of the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- Coordinates with the GEF Small Grants Program.
- Funding Opportunities for NGOs → funding opportunities for conservation NGOs (normally including a link to the Terra Viva Grants Directory, among other information resources).
- Ornithology Exchange includes a searchable database of Grants and Awards in bird research and conservation, including several programs that are open for international projects.
Consortium of nongovernmental organizations that manage environmental funds for conservation in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Information and news on environmental funding
The TBA collaborates with institutions in Africa to build expertise in biodiversity conservation and research. Field courses, skills workshops, applied research.
- Resources → Funding database (grants, scholarships, training opportunities, and funding directories).