Proposals and Fundraising
We favor free internet sources from reputable sources. Good places to look for materials about proposal writing and fund raising include university libraries, foundations, foundation centers, and NGO service centers.
We are not convinced that purchased materials are superior to free sources.
Candid, the fusion of Foundation Center and GuideStar, shares publications, courses, and training for grant seekers include guidance on proposal writing and budgeting. Mix of free and restricted information resources.
- Proposal Writing Short Courses
- Fundraising Short Courses
- Knowledge Base (Q&A)
- Sample Documents (Business Plans, Proposals, Budgets, etc.)
The UW-Madison Grants Information Collection collaborates with the Foundation Center to offer several free resources, including several on proposal writing.
This step-by-step guide is designed to improve your success rate at institutional fundraising, by showing you how to plan high-quality projects, how to translate them into excellent funding proposals, how to develop constructive enduring donor relationships, and how to draft short- and long-term fundraising plans and strategies. The manual provides a mixture of theoretical tools, practical examples and insightful tips based on years of fundraising experience.
- Institutional Fundraising for Conservation Projects (English)
- Institutional Fundraising for Conservation Projects (Spanish)
- Institutional Fundraising for Conservation Projects (French)
- Institutional Fundraising for Conservation Projects (Arabic)
This guide provides a set of basic tips for students and researchers to propose and plan a conservation initiative that is clear and concise. These suggestions might help applicants to effectively formulate good conservation questions, as well as clear hypotheses and predictions.
The basic aim of this book is to help people to improve the process of planning and managing small- to medium-sized conservation projects. By using a number of tried and tested methods and illustrative examples, the manual will enable users to work through their own concepts and create a project plan.
- Conservation Project Manual (English)
- Conservation Project Manual (Spanish)
- Conservation Project Manual (Russian)
- Conservation Project Manual (Chinese)
Free Video Courses on Fundraising and Writing Research Proposals
Future Learn features free online courses for participants who want to lean how to research and write a high-quality research proposals for postgraduate applications.
ProposalsforNGOs features a free short course on Fundraising.